Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
VR II mono LP et 78t

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
807SE
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: François
Langue 1: fr

MessagePosté le: Sam 31 Juil - 16:37 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Bonjour, je cherche de la doc sur cette cellule, aucune marque dessus, juste VR II. hats off

Franz.
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 31 Juil - 16:37 (2010)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Dim 1 Aoû - 05:18 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Franz,

Your cartridge was made by General Electric in the USA during the mid-1950s. It was used around the world and was provided with three stylus sizes: 3.0 mil, for 78rpm records; 2.5 mil, for professional radio programs, and 1.0 mil for LPs. Later, the mono needle was replaced by the standard stereo size: .7 mil. I do not recommend that this cartridge be used to play stereo records.

The small 4-page leaflet that was provided with the cartridges is posted on the internet, and probably at Vinyl Engine. It's in English. The VR-II is an improved version of the earlier RPX, of which there were two models and various methods of holding the needles. The RPX comes from the very beginning of long playing records. There was also a short article written by a GE engineer about the cartridge soon after it was introduced. A frequency response report was written during the last 10 years by the American engineer, Eddit Ciletti. Unfortunately, I think that Ciletti did his test with a bad stylus, so his result was not valid. I don't know of any other literature about these cartridges.

These are fascinating cartridges because they can give you the authentic sound of the period. These cartridges were used professionally, too, so we can consider them to be reference cartridges. It is possible to find needles for them, but most of them are not made properly. I intend to provide a re-manufacturing service for the needles, to both make them decent as well as to, hopefully, give the cartridge more "audiophile" performance. So far, I have slightly-modified one stylus for someone else, and he seems to be happy with it.

I have been writing a Handbook: a guide to Stanton/Pickering cartridges and styli that they made during their most comprehensive period: 1979 through 1990. I'm almost finished; it has 38 pages. If this sells well enough, I intend to write another guide: this one will be about the GE mono cartridges. The GE book will be much smaller and less expensive. The reason that the GE book will be small is simple: GE made only 2.5 mono cartridge bodies and 3 needle sizes, with a few variations in how the needles were mounted. Stanton made a few dozen styli and 7 bodies.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever written material like this. I'm writing what I feel users want to know. Cartridges and needles have been mysterious and very difficult for users to understand. Hopefully, I will be able to help people understand the products in these brands, help people gain satisfaction with them, and savc people much money that's often wasted when trying one cartridge or stylus afer another in the attempt to obtain satisfactory listening.

Unfortunately, I only know English, so this is the language that I'm writing in.

I hope that you enjoy your GE cartridge!
807SE
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: François
Langue 1: fr

MessagePosté le: Lun 2 Aoû - 22:33 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Richard merci, peut-on utiliser un 12 pouces avec cette cellule.  Question

Franz.
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Mar 3 Aoû - 17:30 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Franz,

Unfortunately, I do not have a good translation of your last message, so I cannot answer you. We need someone else to help now.
Gatto Murr
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Piero
Langue 1: it
Langue 2: en
Langue 3: fr
Langue 4: de

MessagePosté le: Mar 3 Aoû - 18:54 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Richard a écrit:
Franz,

Unfortunately, I do not have a good translation of your last message, so I cannot answer you. We need someone else to help now.

"Thanks, Richard. Could I use a 12" with this cartridge?"

---
Piero

(that 12" should be a tonearm lenght, I suppose...)
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Jeu 5 Aoû - 03:25 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Hi, Piero.

Yes. Of course. The length of the tone arm has no realtionship to a cartridge.
But if the cartridge is properly aligned, the longer the arm is, the lower the distortion will be across the record surface.
François
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 9 Aoû - 07:53 (2010)    Sujet du message: Re: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

807SE a écrit:
Bonjour, je cherche de la doc sur cette cellule, aucune marque dessus, juste VR II. hats off

Franz.

Salut Franz,

Excellente cellule qui mérite un changement des saphirs d'origine par des diamants.
Pour les vieux monos de Jazz, elle a une patate d'enfer Exclamation Cool

hats off
trodesson
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Oct - 23:42 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Bonjour a tous je deterre ce post car je recherche une adresse pour faire restaurer une de mes GEVRII
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Oct - 01:14 (2010)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t Répondre en citant

Code:
Bonjour a tous je deterre ce post car je recherche une adresse pour faire restaurer une de mes GEVRII

I can help with that. Please send me a private message.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 13:27 (2017)    Sujet du message: VR II mono LP et 78t

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation