Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
monobuddie
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Paul
Langue 1: en
Langue 2: fr

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Juin - 20:20 (2010)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge Répondre en citant

Salut 

I would like to say a few words about my favourite sounding Mono cartridge for 78 and Mono 33/45 playback 

see original specs 

Tannoy Variluctance Turnover Cartridge Prices : L16 17s. (2 diamonds) ; L9 16s. (2 sapphires) ; 413 6s. (1 of each). Tannoy Products Ltd., 348/352 Norwood Road, West Norwood, London, S,E.27.
Maker's Specification :
Output : 10-12 my microgroove 18-20 my coarse groove
Load : 50,000 ohms
Playing weight : 5-7 gems.
Frequency Response : 20 c/s to 16 kc/s ± 2 db.
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Juin - 20:20 (2010)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
monobuddie
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Juin - 20:25 (2010)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge Répondre en citant

Prices are in old british pounds shilling and pence  Laughing

new stylus are still available in the UK from Musonic at £15 for the 78 tip only 

these were used in the 50s and 60s by the BBC ,with a varying range of tip size there are the finest Mono cartridge I have heard and I have tried many 
monobuddie
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Juin - 20:28 (2010)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge Répondre en citant

monobuddie
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Juin - 20:34 (2010)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge Répondre en citant

The only problem with the Tannoy is the price often selling for up to £300GBP Crying or Very sad

but over the last 2 years I have been collecting many old Mono cartridges and ,I recently sold my Ortofon C25 Mono cartridge as too my ears the Tannoy was better , and best of all it fits in the 70 headshell perfectly and sounds superb 
monobuddie
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Juin - 20:40 (2010)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge Répondre en citant

http://www.btinternet.com/~roger.beckwith/bh/grams/grams_3.htm
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard

MessagePosté le: Sam 12 Juin - 09:11 (2010)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge Répondre en citant

Well, regardless of the high current price for the cartridge, you already have one.
So, my question for you would shift to availability of decent needles for it and which size you want for LPs.

The reports I've heard about aftermarket needles have mostly been poor, and so has been my own experience. Some Lencophiles have sent me their bad aftermarket needles; a few have been appalling to the naked eye! And, having studied these things, I've found a few good ones, and many bad ones. One pair of aftermarket needles were better than claimed by the owner of the company. So, when it comes to cartridges like the one you have (or the GEs that I've been tweaking with), and cartridges for which the manufacturer has abondoned the audiophiles, providing that one has a good used cantilever, the choice is simple: it's off to Expert Stylus with it.

My personal rule about stylus wear is this: if I can see any wear on the tip under a microscope, the stylus has already been wearing records badly.
Likewise, Arnold Schwartz of Micro-Acoustics (who made cutting styli and consulted to Columbia Records) once wrote that the women who spot-checked pressings at the Columbia factory could hear worn styli before the wear was visible. This is pretty sobering.

So, I think that if I had such a cartridge, I'd probably want to have the LP tip examined by Expert Stylus, and have an intersting replacement put onto it, such as a high-performance large custom elliptical from their fine assortment.

In my mind, the shellac needles aren't as fussy. And you're lucky to have the cartridge.

What do you think?
monobuddie
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Sam 12 Juin - 11:05 (2010)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge Répondre en citant

Salut Richard

I had sent both the styli to expert but one styli was broken beyond repair and he was unable to remove the sapphire from the other , he has suggested that he may be able to fix one and possibly get me another replacement stylus , if all else fails I will get the replacement from Musonic and get expert to put a decent diamond on it ......He has re-tipped 3 of my single baton RPX stylus as well with 3 different tip sizes  for 78 playback  musique
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 21:02 (2017)    Sujet du message: Tannoy Variluctance turnover cartridge

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation