Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Damping factors
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> LENCO -> Les socles.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 1: fr
Langue 2: en
Langue 3: de
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Mar - 22:00 (2013)    Sujet du message: Damping factors Répondre en citant

Hello Rap,

From my own builds and experiments I can agree that the 80mm Bamboo plinth is less prone to rumble and feedback than the 40mm... Interesting is the dip in the 400Hz region for the 80mm and 800 Hz region for the 40mm. What does it mean actually ?

hats off

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Mar - 22:00 (2013)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Rap
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Rap
Langue 1: ic
Langue 3: es
Langue 4: fr

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Mar - 22:55 (2013)    Sujet du message: Damping factors Répondre en citant

It is because the self resonance frequency of the material is half for double the mass. 

But this is actually a good thing as hysteresis damping works better at lower frequencies and mass law dictates a halving in level of amplitude of the vibration through the mass so even better.

Energy transfer will behave similar to having to heat up a pot of water on a stove. 2 times the pot of water and you will have to use 2 times the energy to heat it, simple. 

hats off

Dernière édition par Rap le Lun 11 Mar - 23:37 (2013); édité 1 fois
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 1: fr
Langue 3: de
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Mar - 23:35 (2013)    Sujet du message: Damping factors Répondre en citant

Thanks Smile

I must humbly admit physics and maths were not my favs as a youngster Embarassed , the courses just made me sleepish Mr. Green

hats off
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Rap
Langue 1: ic
Langue 3: es
Langue 4: fr

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Mar - 23:40 (2013)    Sujet du message: Damping factors Répondre en citant

maco a écrit:
Thanks Smile

I must humbly admit physics and maths were not my favs as a youngster Embarassed , the courses just made me sleepish Mr. Green

hats off

Bah, it is maths so easy we call it common sense. 

It may not look like much on Bryans chart but 6db is a 4 times more,remember logarithmic scale so if put into non db chart the better attenuation of the 80 mm is obvious to all. That is if the energizing force is the same which given Mass law shows the
charts are not using the same amplitude of input.

But there comes a time depending on the density and internal damping of a material when adding mass starts to work against you through larger coupling area to sound waves feedback through the air and internal coupling of the vibrations
(this is especially true for layered materials that have many internal reflecting planes of variable acoustic impedances)

hats off
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 22:08 (2018)    Sujet du message: Damping factors

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> LENCO -> Les socles. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 sur 9

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation