Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Ma nouvelle aiguille NOS Audio-Technica ATPN-6

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 1: fr
Langue 2: en
Langue 3: de
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Lun 23 Nov - 22:33 (2009)    Sujet du message: Ma nouvelle aiguille NOS Audio-Technica ATPN-6 Répondre en citant

Pour agrémenter cette rubrique voici quelques uns de mes nouveaux bijoux. Ici un stylus Audio-Technica ATPN-6 qui peut être installé sur les cellules AT-120e AT-440 et AT135, AT140, AT150 ... La série ATP est une série usage pro (DJ et radio), muais wondering , mais Audio-Technica c'est vraiment leur domaine !!! et il le font bien. J'ai 2 ATPN-5 elliptiques 0.4x0.7mil, elles sont super pour le Rock et le Disco.

Maintenant la ATPN-6 c'est encore une autre bête, diamant rect. nu biradial 0.2x0.7mil. Les autres specs : MM 6mV, 15Hz-25kHz, sep.canaux 23dB, balance D/G 1.5dB, VTF 2-4g. Je ne vous dirai pas ce que j'ai payé, cela vous gâcherait la soirée

Et voici du p-o-r-n-o HD avec styl(us)  :

Côté écoute cela chamboule un peu le ranking dans le harem. Perso je la coterai avant la Denon DL-160, son limpide, detail, basses, dynamique ... un peu moins de raffinement que la Denon, mais  trop fort! trop fort! trop fort! pour la musique concertante. Et comme j'aime ça .... j'adore

hats off

MessagePosté le: Lun 23 Nov - 22:33 (2009)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Mer 25 Nov - 00:34 (2009)    Sujet du message: Ma nouvelle aiguille NOS Audio-Technica ATPN-6 Répondre en citant

Hi, Maco.

What are you using for a microscope? I like the pictures.

During their history, AT has made a much larger range of light-tracking .4 x .7 mil tips than any other company that I know of. In fact, Shure didn't offer it at all until you got to 1.5 grams minimum force, and Stanton only offered it for light tracking once, for only one cartridge in the Pickering line. It's a great tip size for disco use and excellent for a few other tasks as well (such as popular music and 45s).

Conversely, I would never use a .2 x .7 mil stylus at a force over 1.5 grams. It's just too likely to chew up the records with so much pressure concentrated on such a small tracing radius.

AT has been able to offer fine-sounding cartridges at reasonable prices. However, I don't think that they have always had enough electricity supplied to their brains.
François
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 25 Nov - 07:23 (2009)    Sujet du message: Ma nouvelle aiguille NOS Audio-Technica ATPN-6 Répondre en citant

Mario,
Même question que Richard: quel "outillage" utilises-tu pour les photos Question
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 1: fr
Langue 2: en
Langue 3: de
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Mer 25 Nov - 21:44 (2009)    Sujet du message: Ma nouvelle aiguille NOS Audio-Technica ATPN-6 Répondre en citant

Hello Richard,
Many thanks for your comments. Smile  I was worried about your long absence Sad , glad you are back on the forum  hats off . Here my microscope :
Il s'agit d'un Traveler USB acheté chez Aldi pour 30 € Laughing .
Trois agrandissements : 10x, 60x et 200x
En 200x la mise au point est assez difficile. La distance focale est très réduite et le mechanisme en plastique n'est pas précis Confused
Ce qui est primordial c'est l'exposition de lumière qui est insuffante avec les LED installées d'origine. J'utilise en plus une lampe de bureau à halogène que je bouge pour avoir la meilleure exposition et la meilleure réflexion possible.

Regarding the ATPN6 stylus .2x.7 size I have tried to set the VTA at 1.5g but I find the sound kind of sizzling and thin. Using the HFN test LP it does not track so well below 2g. So I have returned to the 2.0g and it sounds much better, violins are smooth and lower frequencies more present and controlled. The specifications found on the cartridge.db mention for this cart a whopping range of 2.0 - 4.0g Exclamation , so I settled with minimum VTA. However I agree that's not optimal for the vinyl and I did really carefully align the cartridge in order to reduce the risk.

Also agree with you on the .4x.7 needle size, like the AUdio-Technica ATPN5 model I have, they procure a lot of fun and sheer musicality : that's what it is all about !!

Kind Regards hats off
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Jeu 26 Nov - 01:30 (2009)    Sujet du message: Ma nouvelle aiguille NOS Audio-Technica ATPN-6 Répondre en citant

Aha, Maco!
Now we have two isssues to discuss: the needles and the microscopes.

Regarding the needles, if I understand what you're saying, you have a nasty combination: a tip that's too small for the pressure that's required for the cantilever. And that's how AT made it. Like other companies, AT made hundreds of different cartridges that were all the same. They sold most of them under fake model numbers. Like other companies, they would offer one body with perhaps six or seven different styli. So, a better approach for your cartridge body would be a light-tracking parabolic stylus, or a Shibata.

I don't have much expertise with AT. As with Empire, this is a brand that almost always used deceptive marketing practices and fake model numbers to prevent competition. Here in the USA, fake model names are used to sell mattresses too. Both companies made cartridges as good as anyone else's. When faced with the impossible task of finding an exact replacement stylus for either brand, my solution is to put the cartridge on the floor and step on it.

The most sensible brand today for playback of multiple record types is Ortofon. If you try to interchange needles often with an Audio-Technica cartridge, what you get is many tiny pieces of plastic and a nice cantilever all by itself.

Now, to the microscope. This is most interesting. It's the same microscope that I'm using. Mine was sold as "Intel/Mattel." I've got the first version which uses lightbulbs. Yours it the later version that has LEDs instead. Here, the microscope is now offered by Blue Coral, an electronic toy company.

But my photos are not as good as yours. Yours are sharper and have more contrast. I have had a lot of trouble with lighting. Do you have any tips for me?

I had a lot of trouble with the microscope stand jerking when moved. I took it apart and lubricated it, but the improvement was not enough. The gear only moves one side of the post; the other side just slides: that's why it moves in jerks.

Note this: the supplied software for both brands is the same. It's horrible! It's sadistic. It's stupid.
But, the microscope itself actually has a common TWAIN interface, and it has fairly decent embedded software. Thus, I discovered that I could use the microscope perfectly with the free program Irfanview. I removed the supplied software.

The result is that I have much better control over the image and a lot less frustration. But I still need better image quality. I am thinking of adding an additional lens. One of the members of François' old board had achieved success using the lens from a CD player for great stylus magnification.

The issue with the built-in lightbulbs is this: the microscope is powered by the computer's USB. In order to avoid overloading the computer's power supply, the illumination load has to be kept low. Thus, the microscope's bulbs are intentionally dim; the microscope compensates by amplifying the image (and adding noise). They changed to LEDs to raise the light power and simultaneously reduce the current draw. I am annoyed by the blue shroud which prevents adding more light from the side. Nonetheless, this tool has much potential.

I was introduced to this microscope by an electronics engineer who used it in his work to examine circuit boards. He also used it to look at phono needles at home. He sent me a few pictures of an Ortofon 78 stylus. I could see a "cave" in the diamond!
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 20:20 (2016)    Sujet du message: Ma nouvelle aiguille NOS Audio-Technica ATPN-6

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation