Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Hallo from East London, UK

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Accueil -> Bienvenue!
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Tai
Membre

Prénom: Tai
Langue 1: en
Langue 2: fr

MessagePosté le: Dim 4 Oct - 12:55 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Hello everyone  hats off

I'm 26 and live in East London. I've had a GL75 for just over a year and a half, and thanks to dedicated Lenco enthusiasts have made several tweaks to my deck to improve the sound.

So far I've removed the springs from the stock plinth and screwed it all together, and I've also added spikes  to the setup as an experiment to see if they make an improvement to the sound (it has - it helped to reduce transferrance of vibrations to the pickup).

An ongoing (slow-developing) part of the process has been a multi-layered ply plinth that I'm bulding - however due to being a complete novice and having limited time it's taken over 5 months and I've still not finished cutting out the layers! I'll post my project when it's developed a little more.

Here's a shot of my little haven of a corner... and I'll no doubt see you all within the forums soon!

Tai

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 4 Oct - 12:55 (2009)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 1: fr
Langue 2: en
Langue 3: de
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Dim 4 Oct - 15:19 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Bonjour Tai,

Welcome here in Lenco Reference hats off :fleur:

Nice corner Cool  and plenty to listen too Exclamation  What is your preferred listening ?
Good idea to shelf the Lenco on a wallmount, especially after removing the spring system. First thing I did was just that (I hate sprung based plinths no matter what Linnies may tell Evil or Very Mad ). And what kind of cones did you install ?

Trust you will get good inputs here, and you might catch up with your french a little too Wink

Cheers
Membre

MessagePosté le: Lun 5 Oct - 02:01 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Bonsoir Mario, and thanks for the welcome! hats off

I am fortunate to have a very tolerant and musically open-minded girlfriend ( whew ) with tastes and curiosity of her own, hence a growing collection! It's quite varied really, a lot of 50' 60's and 70's rock, psych and pop, soul, blues, country, folk and jazz. I'm starting to buy classical records too because the sounds I'm getting through the Lenco are just dazzling!

Recently I had the opportunity to acquire the Rega wall-shelf for free - the only problem is that Rega turntables have three feet (the shelf has only three points of contact) and I found that the L75 was a little unstable on three legs, so I created a intermediate layer of marine ply with three feet, and the Lenco sits on top of that and has four.

I recycled the spikes from some old Eltax speakers to use as new feet. They are solid castings and rather heavy so seemed appropriate - I even have one spare! They look good, and overall the sound has improved greatly... it's always the little things that make a difference.

Obviously because the original stock plinth is hollow it echos like a bongo drum so I really need to hurry up with my new project!

Apologies in advance for my lack of French. This is certainly a chance to get better (at least in my understanding).

Thanks again! bow
François
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 5 Oct - 08:27 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Hi Tai and welcome here Exclamation

Nice vinyl corner you have Mr. Green

Hope to read soon from your project in the "Travaux en cours" section Wink

hats off
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Lun 5 Oct - 09:30 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Tai a écrit:
... I'm starting to buy classical records too because the sounds I'm getting through the Lenco are just dazzling!
My personal experience is that of the records found in thrift shops and garage sales, the classical LPs are usually in very good (often in mint) condition..

Yes indeed, the Lenco in stock plinth is already a wonderful performer. It's just sheer fun to listen  rock and rockn'roll. But also for classical, especially with Chamber music, quartets and smaller ensembles, it is very decent. For classical music I swap the cart for a Denon DL-160 which is a very good sounding and still affordable cart.

Lot's of fun with your setup, enjoy !
hats off
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Lun 5 Oct - 16:22 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Hi Tai  hats off What part of East London?

Brian.
Membre

MessagePosté le: Lun 5 Oct - 17:01 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

maco a écrit:
or classical music I swap the cart for a Denon DL-160 which is a very good sounding and still affordable cart.

Lot's of fun with your setup, enjoy !
hats off
Thanks for the tip Mario - there are so, so many different things to try, sometimes I find it overwhelming! I've yet to venture far into cartridge experimentation, especially beyond £150 - on the former forum I did do a short review of all the budget carts recommended to me by fellow forum members (all under £30), and lived with an AT95e, a Goldring G800 Super E, and an Ortofon VMS3 Mk II for a year which set me up well for nice surprises.

I have since inherited an Ortofon VMS20e MkII from my father which is on its way out (small dent in the cantilever)... so I'll be looking for more suggestions for a new £100-£150 cart, although this time for an SME 3009 S2 imp - again, given to me by my Dad. I really want to try a DL103, but am aware I might need to upgrade the SME to bronze bearings and a heavier headshell to get it to track. No idea if I should go ahead with that plan or trade the arm.

Hello Brian, I'm in Stoke Newington.. the closest we could get/afford to a villiage within direct range of the centre of town. I am lucky enough to live on a pedestrian street which means that on the whole I benefit from absolute silence... perfect for listening sessions! Also there are three independent record shops locally so I am spoilt if I have a few quid! Mr. Green How about you?

François, thank you too for the warm welcome. I thought I should appear again just so you can see how in the long term your help can benefit a novice. I would be glad to show off my project soon.

Just this afternoon I cleaned and re-greased my motor bearing and am now listening to a near-perfect copy of 'Tribute to Django' by Sarane & Matelo Ferret which is sounding absolutely fantastic.. musique I can't believe how quiet my machine is now! Still not perfectly silent.. but patience is a virtue. Smile

My obsession continues....

hats off
vince HH

Prénom: Vincent

MessagePosté le: Mar 6 Oct - 11:07 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Hi Tai and welcome hats off .

nice collection of vynil

Vincent from Hamburg.
monoman
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Mar 6 Oct - 12:48 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Ah Tai, Stoke Newington is Norf London mate Wink

Brian (of Cockney stock).
Membre

MessagePosté le: Mar 6 Oct - 20:08 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Brian, technically you're right. I live on the Dalston/Stoke Newington border in Hackney and am so used to saying I'm in East London that it's force of habit now! Smile

hats off
Bryan
Membre*
Membre*

Prénom: Bryan

MessagePosté le: Mer 7 Oct - 13:09 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Tai a écrit:
Brian, technically you're right. I live on the Dalston/Stoke Newington border in Hackney and am so used to saying I'm in East London that it's force of habit now! Smile

hats off
Hi Tai,

I live in East London (Upton Park) and you are miles away  Wink

Welcome here. Just got back from the US of A, so jet lagged, but I'll catch up later.
Visiter le site web du posteur
monoman
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Sam 10 Oct - 09:03 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Bryan lives where I spent the first decades of my life, gawd 'elp me  Wink

Dalston Norf, 'ackney East so you're getting there Tai.

I guess you can claim to be at the "Gateway to the East" Smile

Brian.
Membre*
Membre*

Prénom: Bryan

MessagePosté le: Sam 10 Oct - 13:10 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

monoman a écrit:
Bryan lives where I spent the first decades of my life, gawd 'elp me  Wink

Dalston Norf, 'ackney East so you're getting there Tai.

I guess you can claim to be at the "Gateway to the East" Smile

Brian.
surely that's Leyton (Orient) Very Happy
Visiter le site web du posteur
monoman
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Ven 16 Oct - 15:41 (2009)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK Répondre en citant

Shhh!  Wink

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 20:56 (2016)    Sujet du message: Hallo from East London, UK

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Accueil -> Bienvenue! Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation