Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lukke
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Luc
Langue 1: fr

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Oct - 10:01 (2011)    Sujet du message: Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1 Répondre en citant

Bonjour,

J'aimerai replacer sur la L70 la cellule qui était montée à l'origine: pickering V 15/AM1. Pour ce faire, je dois acheter un stylus neuf. J'avoue avoir du mal à m'y retrouver pour les différents modèles et où les commander. J'écoute principalement du rock du jazz et un peu de dub. Merci Bcp

Luc 
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Oct - 10:01 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Mer 5 Oct - 04:36 (2011)    Sujet du message: Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1 Répondre en citant

Luc,

Your stylus is a very old model; it was replaced by the Pickering DAM2 and DAM3 (without brush and with brush). The maximum trackikng force for all of these needles is/was 3 grams. I believe that this was a good match for the L70 arm, but my memory of this machine is dim becuase it has been so many years since I have worked on one. You can also use the DACE2 amd DACE3 styli, which can track at the same force (and a little more). These two are elliptical needles and will sound a bit better, especially with the jazz.

There are also a few Stanton needles that will work nicely in your cartridge (I don't have the numbers handy right now). And current Stanton needles made for the 500 and 400-series models should work well, too, with a very small change in sound.

I suggest that you see what Vickers Hi-Fi (in the UK) has to offer. They also do business under the name "Pickering of the UK." Your cartridge has been made without interruption for the last 49 years, but has had one small electrical change that began during the mid 1980s. It is a good match for all standard Lencos because a wide range of needles have been made for it, including needles for mono LPs and 78s.

It is usually best to find original, genuine styli made by the cartridge manufacturer. Some imitation styli have been good, but most are not.
lukke
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Luc

MessagePosté le: Jeu 6 Oct - 19:55 (2011)    Sujet du message: Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1 Répondre en citant

Bonsoir,

Merci Richard pour ces informations. Sur le site  http://www.pickeringuk.com/styli.html il reste deux références disponible:
DE   1. 25 grams et D-5-E   1 - 3 grams.

Est-ce que les stylus jico sont de bonne qualité ?

Merci

Luc
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Jeu 6 Oct - 20:48 (2011)    Sujet du message: Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1 Répondre en citant

Citation:
DE 1. 25 grams and D-5-E 1 to 3 grams.

I have described these needles in my book, but I don't have their specifications in my head. The D-5-E was a good stylus that was available for "off-label" sale. In other words, it was for heavily-discounted cartridges that were sold to certain dealers with fake model numbers. Many cartridge manufacturers played this "game." If the DE's maximum force is 1.25 grams, I don't think that this needle will be a good match for your L70 unless you have replaced the arm with a modern high-performance one.

Citation:
Is the stylus jico are of good quality?

Yes. But note that the needle's compliance should be a good match for the arm. Jico has not been good at communication, at least in English. So, with Jico, it is very important to be certain about what you will be buying.

An imitation stylus of excellent quality should be a good replacement for the models that I mentioned earlier, providing that its specifications are identical. For the Lenco L70, you should not use a stylus that tracks as lightly as the best audiophile needles. So, if this was my own turntable, I would try the D-5-E first. As I recall, the size of the diamond is .4 x .7 mil (Mil is a British-American unit of measurement).

Authentic Stanton/Pickering needles are exceptionally strong relative to their performance. It is harder to break them than it is to damage their imitations.
Vanne dèr
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Eric
Langue 2: en

MessagePosté le: Dim 16 Oct - 17:14 (2011)    Sujet du message: Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1 Répondre en citant

Je possède une pickering P/AT 1
 et voici ce que l'on me conseille...

http://www.svalander.se/shoppen/tillbehoer_till_skivspelare/pickupnalar/1?l…

http://www.williamthakker.eu/Dual-DN-315-DN315-V15-PD1-entspricht-10483_c10…

A+

Eric
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Mar 18 Oct - 02:53 (2011)    Sujet du message: Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1 Répondre en citant

This looks like it will be a good replacement stylus for you. Note that this is a basic stylus, not a high-performance needle.
The seller appears to be honest: he is not making false claims about what the needle will substitute for.

There have been elliptical styli in this tracking force range which will give crisper response. But with aftermarket needles, there is often a risk that the elliptical diamonds have not been properly aligned. This is not much of a problem with conical needles such as this one.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 17:53 (2017)    Sujet du message: Stylus pour pickering V 15/AM1

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation