Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Cellule Lenc B55

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
mantorras
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Hugo
Langue 1: fr

MessagePosté le: Dim 14 Aoû - 09:38 (2011)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55 Répondre en citant

Bonjour,

J'ai récupéré un Lenco B55 sur laquelle il y a une cellule Audio Dynamics ADC-2A.

J'aurais aimé avoir l'une ou l'autre info sur cette cellule et notamment la force d'appui pour pouvoir la tester.
Elle est référencée sur Vynilengine mais pas d'info de ce type.
D'autre part, cela vaut-il la peine de chercher une aiguille de remplacement ou plutôt acheter une nouvelle cellule?

Ce n'est pas pour utiliser sur la B55 mais sur d'autres platines.

Je n'ai pas encore pris le temps de regarder de plus près l'état de la B55.
Je vais d'ailleurs sans doute la laisser dans son jus.

Merci d'avance
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 14 Aoû - 09:38 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
nimbus

Prénom: Bruno
Langue 2: en

MessagePosté le: Dim 14 Aoû - 11:21 (2011)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55 Répondre en citant

Bonjour,
Ne connaissant pas cette cellule je ne peux guère t'en dire plus mais un stylet de remplacement coûte presqu'aussi cher que la cellule, à condition d'en trouver un bon, alors... à toi de voir.

Bruno.
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Mar 16 Aoû - 21:00 (2011)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55 Répondre en citant

Mantorras,

I just checked your cartridge in a stylus directory from 1988. There was no regular cartridge with this number in my book, nor was there any "private label" cartridge, nor was there any matching stylus number. The cartridge may have been made after 1988, but more likely, yours is a non-standard number applied to a standard cartridge for a specific dealer. In situations such as this, it can be very difficult to determine which needle will be correct. Some ADC styli have recently been selling for unusually high prices. And, as Bruno has implied, most of the cost of a complete cartridge is, in fact, the cost of the stylus, which is the most expensive part of the cartridge to manufacture.

The numbers on my ADC cartridges are, in fact, the numbers on their styli. My ADC cartridge bodies have no identification on them. Amd note that, being a Wicki, some of the information in the database on Vinyl Engine is wrong. ADC changed ownership and has been out-of-business for a long time. Most needles that are now available for them are probably imitations, and most imitations are poor quality. A few imitation styli are good, however, and the ADC stylus design is one that can be adequately copied. But the problem with so many imitation needles is that they are either sloppily assembled or that the manufacturer offers only one stylus, telling the buyer that this needle will substitute properly for many original types (it will not!!!!).

ADC made a number of different styli for a small number of cartridge bodies. The stylus (not the cartridge body) must match the requirements of your B55's arm, which is almost identical to the arm on the L75. If you post a few clear photographs of your cartridge and its stylus, I may be able to recognize it. I may also have an original stylus for you (not an imitation).

Your turntable is probably worth restoring if its platter is not bent. The quality of the parts and the workmanship of the B55 are both excellent. The arm is good, except for the rubber vertical bearings and usually, the rear suspension of the weight. Both of these problems are shared with the L75/78 arm, too. The essential differences between the heavy models and your lighter one is the material and weight of the platter, and the platter's bearings, which are smaller, but made very nicely. So, the B55 is not an audiophile's machine, but it is still a decent turntable for general use.
mantorras
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Mer 17 Aoû - 06:50 (2011)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55 Répondre en citant

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your answer.

It seems this cartridge was made in the beginning of the 60's.

I found this on the web :
http://www.roger-russell.com/magrevhf.htm

I don't know if the information is reliable but it appears that High Fidelity magazine made a review of the ADC-2A
on november 61.

The cartridge is well identificated on the top :
ADC-2A
Stereo Cartridge
Audio Dyamics Corporation.

I will post some photos late in the evening.

I have not taken the time to look better at the B55. It still works, the motor is in very good condition.
The arm certainly needs new V-blocks. As I own a Lenco L75 and other turntables maybe I'll just try to sell
this one to anyone who wants to create a "Lenco Museum"...

Thank you again
mantorras
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Jeu 18 Aoû - 19:55 (2011)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55 Répondre en citant

Hello Richard,

Here are the photos of the ADC-2A.

I hope it will help you.

Regards
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Aoû - 04:45 (2011)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55 Répondre en citant

Mantorras,

Your cartridge is very old. I will offer you an opinion since I do not have personal experience with it. I expect this to be a better mono cartridge than for stereo. The stylus does not look to be very easy to change. In addition, as I wrote earlier, the stylus was not in my best needle catalog, which means that ADC themselves abandoned the product. This abandonment was not unusual for early stereo cartridges. I would, instead, want to use a Stanton 500/Pickering V15, One of the Shures, Ortofon, or Nagaoka, especially if I wanted to play a wide range of records. The recording characteristcs of LPs changed repeatedly until approximately 1968, so there really is not such a thing as a single perfect needle for all vinyl records, and this is why it is good to use a cartridge that accepts interchangeable needles, and does so safely. I doubt that you will be able to find a needle for this, and if you do, I don't expect that the quality will be as good as the original one. So, you know what I am saying. I would not be surprised if Zafira (France) had offered a needle for your cartridge, had my small experience with their products was awful.

The B55 may surprise you with its quality, but it isn't as quiet as the L-models.
I hope to have a service in which I re-manufacture, and improve, styli for the General Electric mono magnetic cartridges. I will be using a Lenco B55 to test them in a special mono system for this purpose, and I will be using the original arm. I have two additional new B55 arms, which were originally supplied as repair parts. However, I have no use for their rubber V-blocks, even though I have new ones that came with these arms. For my first L75, I have made my own V-blocks using hard plastic. I'm opposed to any mechanical flexibility in a turntable except for the suspension of the cantilever. But, despite their shortcomings, I believe that the Lenco arms are basically decent, and the workmanship is good.
mantorras
-Membre-
-Membre-

MessagePosté le: Ven 19 Aoû - 06:36 (2011)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55 Répondre en citant

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the informations.
I think I will use another cartridge. I already have an Ortofon LM30 on my Thorens and and Shure M95EDM on my L75.

If you are interested, I would be pleased to send you the ADC for your personal collection as long as I won't do anything with it.

Regards

Maybe I will try to make the B55 "sing" when I have some time to spend with it.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 07:48 (2016)    Sujet du message: Cellule Lenc B55

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation