Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Une bonne affaire ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
nimbus

Prénom: Bruno
Langue 1: fr
Langue 2: en

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Juil - 19:18 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

Bonjour,

Toujours à la recherche de bons plans pour lire nos précieuses galettes je tombe sur ce produit vendu, semble-t'il, à prix d'ami avec diamant à taille Shibata ! : http://www.williamthakker.eu/Nagaoka-JT-555-Tonar-555-Tonabnehmer_c32-317-3… 
Et le meilleur : http://www.williamthakker.eu/Nagaoka-JN-555-JN555-JT-555-Original-Tonnadel_…
toujours avec diamant Shibata !

A votre avis, bonne affaire ou intox ?

Bruno.

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Juil - 19:18 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 3: de
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Juil - 19:37 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

la 555 est très discutée sur VE : http://www.vinylengine.com/search_results.php?cx=partner-pub-36643635730682…

Pour une MM  (origine Nagaoka) Shibata et une ccompliance de 10, elle fera bien l'affaire sur un bras Lenco ou Jelco..
Faudrait savoir si elle serait mieux qu'une Denon DL110 à +/- le même prix Question
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Mar 12 Juil - 06:07 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

Hello, Bruno and Mario.

I feel handicapped with the Nagaoka company because all the information about their products in our shared alphabet has come only from dealers, and not from Nagaoka themselves. I need to obtain my information directly from manufacturers. For one thing, a manufacturer will usually provide information about all of their products, whereas dealers will only talk about those models that they sell themselves. My book about Stanton and Pickering products describes all of their cartridges and needles that were sold during the company's "golden age." No dealer carried the entire range of those products, and almost all dealers weren't even aware that they could obtain 78rpm and mono LP styli for those cartridges that they had in stock.

Nagaoka is a serious cartridge company, and the range of those styli that I know about remind me very much of Stanton 30 years ago. In fact, Nagaoka supplies needles for record collectors, transcibers, and archivists, today, that impress me very much. If you decide to use this brand, you will have access to a fine range of specialty styli. I do not know about which styli are intended to work with which cartridge bodies. I can tell you that Nagaoka has been in the phono cartridge business for a long time and that I am aware of their having had a fine reputation in the past.

After Nagaoka, I consider Ortofon as making the most sensible range of styli for their OM moving-magnet cartridges for serious music listeners. Stanton does not make the range of styli that they used to, and have abandoned audiophiles who want the best high-performing cartridges and their styli. I hope that they return to some of these outstanding products, again, in the future. Meanwhile, Stanton is making two cartridges/needles that are very sensible for home music listening at two different price points.

Many Stanton cartridges and sytli from the 1980s are still being sold today. so I have been able to write a book about them that contains valuable knowledge, even today. But we are discussing Nagaoka vs. Denon. And it looks to me that Nagaoka is the "Stanton of today."

You should always select a cartridge, not for its reputation among audiophiles, but for its sensibility for you. The Nagaokas that I know of all allow you to replace the stylus yourself, and I believe that you will be able to obtain a wide variety of styli that match historic records very nicely. This is impressive. Their prices look high to me over here in the USA, but perhaps these costs are realistic for 2011.

A Denon cartridge is a moving coil type, so when you need to replace the stylus, it must be done as a custom project at custom prices. You are stuck with only that one stylus size unless you have multiple cartridges in their multiple headshells. Moving magnet cartridges can sound as good as moving coils. Many audiophiles don't realize this.

I don't know what tone arm you are using. 10 is a bit stiff. The L75 arm can perform very nicely with a compliance of around 17 in my own experience, and higher according to both Lenco and Stanton/Pickering. I have to get more familiar with cartridges and styli that I already have mounted and aligned for my own L75 arm, but have not examined closely yet.

-------------------------------------------
Addition:
I don't feel comfortable about using the L75 arm with styli of very high compliance. I get nervous considering needles of 20 and higher.

Dernière édition par Richard le Mar 12 Juil - 17:11 (2011); édité 1 fois
nimbus

MessagePosté le: Mar 12 Juil - 12:34 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

maco a écrit:
Pour une MM  (origine Nagaoka) Shibata et une ccompliance de 10, elle fera bien l'affaire sur un bras Lenco ou Jelco..

Bonjour Mario et Richard,
Une compliance de 10 cu chez nos amis nippons (souvent mesurée à 100 Hz) doit valoir environ 20 chez nous (à 10 Hz), donc, en principe, pas de problème pour un bras L75 "allégé".
Il est vrai que ce constructeur (Nagaoka) m'intéresse de plus en plus pour sa gamme très évolutive.
De plus il semble que ce soit un des rares à fabriquer leurs propres stylets (et peut-être bien pour d'autres).

Bruno
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Mar 12 Juil - 17:15 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

What is the intended tracking force of this stylus?

The Shibata design was orignially intended for use at high pressures when playing CD-4 quadraphonic records on ordinary consumer record players. It is an excellent audiophile stylus shape, but this was not its original commercial goal.
nimbus

MessagePosté le: Mar 12 Juil - 19:02 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

Richard a écrit:
What is the intended tracking force of this stylus?

Tracking Force recommended : 1,1 to 1,5 gr.

Bruno.
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Mer 13 Juil - 02:53 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

And the arm is L75?

Now another question:
What other styli are provided for this same cartridge body? Will they offer good matches for all the records that you are likely to want to play?

If so, I'll think of this, potentially, as a good investment for the future because of its flexibility.
nimbus

MessagePosté le: Mer 13 Juil - 17:03 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

Richard a écrit:
And the arm is L75? Now another question:
What other styli are provided for this same cartridge body? Will they offer good matches for all the records that you are likely to want to play?
If so, I'll think of this, potentially, as a good investment for the future because of its flexibility.

Hi Richard,
My arm is the Lenco  L75 "modified" with reduced mass (arround 15 gr effective mass).
The styli we can be monted on JT 555 body (all JN 511) :
http://www.williamthakker.eu/Ersatznadeln-Original-Ersatznadeln-Nagaoka_c10…

Regards.
Bruno.
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Juil - 23:36 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

Bruno, I don't know quite what to say.
I can't understand most of the German on the pages, but it looks to me as if this is a discontinued series and Mr. Thacker does not have some of the needles, nor has he listed their specifications. So, I'd say that if you only want to listen to modern records in good condition, this may be a good investment. If the needles have been truly discontinued, you can still get this one re-tipped when you need to. But I don't see a choice of styli that can take advantage of all that your Lenco can do.

Again, I am at a disadvantage because I lack the data directly from the manufacturer.

Please understand that I am very interested in what Nagaoka is doing, but I do not have enough knowledge. Maybe I should go to work for them.
nimbus

MessagePosté le: Ven 15 Juil - 09:28 (2011)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ? Répondre en citant

Hi Richard,

I can't say more about JT 511/555 series but the new MP series is probably the most progressive and versatile in the future, with styles ranging from 78 rpm and mono types to the "super tracker" (MP 500). But more expensive...
http://www.williamthakker.eu/Ersatznadeln-Original-Ersatznadeln-Nagaoka_c10…
I think LPgear also sells these products.

Regards.

Bruno.

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 07:58 (2017)    Sujet du message: Une bonne affaire ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation