Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Pickering XV15, VTF?
Aller à la page: <  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Ven 13 Mai - 00:40 (2011)    Sujet du message: Pickering XV15, VTF? Répondre en citant

Regarding the products from the present Stanton company, it would be interesting to explore their current needles.
I am at a handicap to do this myself simply because I already have so many Stanton/Pickering styli from old production that I simply do not need or want any more styli.

But one surprise has been how well certain old disco needles actually perform! Some needles are automatically out of consideration. For example, needles intended for brute force work, let's say, needles intended for "scratching." This is like military combat; something like giving your wife a tank to drive when taking the children from school to their ballet lessons.

So, leaving out the worst of these needles, what do we have left over? The company appears to offer needles in three tip sizes: .7 mil conical, and ellipticals in .3 x .7 and .4 x .7 sizes. The .3 tracing radius can be very good indeed to live with. It seems to have become the world's standard for a home elliptical size, and I believe that this is a good choice. The larger elliptical is excellent for all forms of popular music, much rock, damaged and dirty records, and more. So, at least when just talking about tip sizes, we have a few things to play with here. Commercial-type work usually demands forces that are at least slightly higher. But an advantage of these higher forces is solid groove contact.

The company has changed their finger grips to ones that are hideous. The new styles have been improved for the DJ, so that he can see the tip better when cueing records in dim lighting. Hopefully, the styli themselves are as good as they were long ago.

So, there are some things to explore here and discoveries to be made.
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 13 Mai - 00:40 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
mimininique
-Membre-
-Membre-

Prénom: Dominique
Langue 1: fr

MessagePosté le: Ven 13 Mai - 11:31 (2011)    Sujet du message: Pickering XV15, VTF? Répondre en citant

Thank you for these councils  Okay
Greats regards

hats off
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 23:54 (2017)    Sujet du message: Pickering XV15, VTF?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation