Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
La quelle choisir ?
Aller à la page: <  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Jeu 3 Mar - 21:09 (2011)    Sujet du message: La quelle choisir ? Répondre en citant

Vince,

I have been gone from the forum for a few weeks. and I have just seen your question to me.

The two cartridges that you photographed are the same, but the "PD1" is probably a special designation for cartridges that were sold below usual price to a dealer who ordered many of them. This type of merchandise can be very difficult in other brands.

The two cartridges may differ from each other only in their vertical tracking angles. Yours are the classic versions of the V15 and Stanton 500. Unless they have been kept in salt water, they will usually last forever. The newer Mk. II (and III, 400, etc.) versions have slight electrical differences to go with their technically-advanced styli. You can interchange the needles and the bodies, but the tonal balance will be slightly different. These are all good cartridges which depend upon their needles for their performance. Although they can be very good, I would not call the original models capable of "audiophile" performance. These are truly outstanding, however, for 78s.

I have gone into detail about these cartridge bodies and their styli in my book, which I recommend. #violon#
During the period that my book covers, Stanton made unique adiophile-grade cartridges (such as your 881). But almost all of their products consisted of only 3 cartridge bodies (one of which was upgraded), and more than 130 needles for them! The "AT2" in the name of one of your cartridges simply designates the stylus that it was originally sold with.

The Shure M97 was a favorite of mine when it was first introduced during the early 1980s. Then, it had a parablic stylus. Shure had downgraded this cartridge: it is now sold with a .3 x .7 mil elliptical tip. For an elliptical, I like this size, but of course, the original stylus was a better performer.

Your 881S is capable of audiophile performance with stereo records, but it is not flexible with older records, such as mono LPs. I prefer the older Stanton and Pickering cartridges (and Ortofons, too) for the older records. Expert Stylus, in England, is good at putting new diamonds onto genuine stylus assemblies that are worn, so this method may be the best way to retain the original performance from our cartridges. Most aftermarket needles are not as good as the originals, but in just a few cases, they have been as good or better. We cannot genralize about this because there are too many variables.
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 3 Mar - 21:09 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
vince HH

Prénom: Vincent
Langue 1: fr
Langue 2: en
Langue 3: de

MessagePosté le: Dim 13 Mar - 19:50 (2011)    Sujet du message: La quelle choisir ? Répondre en citant

Hi Richard,

thanks for the answer.

I've been to a seller (long time ago) to try to find a stylus replacement and the answer was that "with such old cartbridge it make no sense to change the stylus because the cartbridge lost his magnetisme."
Your answer confirm what I was thinking from him, he is an  .

Cheers,

Vincent
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Mar 5 Avr - 10:08 (2011)    Sujet du message: La quelle choisir ? Répondre en citant

Vincent,

There has been some voodoo about cartridge magnetism. Some people think that magnetism builds up where it is not wanted. People sell circuits and even records that are supposed to neutralize this magnetism. This is the first time I've ever heard of a claim that magnetism gets weaker. I have not tested either of these theories.

'In a moving magnet cartridge, there is no magnetism in the cartridge body to weaken: the magnet is in the removable cantilever. I've used moving iron (induced magnet) cartridges that are 30 and 50 years old with no noticeable loss of output that I can determine.

Trying to get rid of unwanted magnetism in an induced magnet cartridge body could make a person crazy, no?
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 00:21 (2017)    Sujet du message: La quelle choisir ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page: <  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation