Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Stanton 681EEE MkII

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
maco

Prénom: Mario
Langue 1: fr
Langue 2: en
Langue 3: de
Langue 4: it

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Avr - 08:31 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

Michael,
Ouf, tu me rassures! Avec deux Lencos tu fais surement partie des "affectionados" Laughing . Ma "déviance" Embarassed c'est une platine JVC Direct Drive à côté de la L75 et la L78.

Concernant la cellule Stanton 681. Est-ce que tu l'as essayée sur la Lenco L78 avec le bras original?

Bonne journée!

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Avr - 08:31 (2009)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
mimoser
Membre

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Avr - 18:08 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

pas de cellule Stanton avec bras original, non.
Je ne pense pas, que ça ira bien. La compliance du Stanton sera trop haut sans "pimp my L75 arm à la Francois".
Wink
Michael

"In a world without walls and fences
who needs windows and gates?"
Visiter le site web du posteur
François
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Avr - 06:01 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

Je me souviens d'avoir utilisé une Stanton 681 et j'en ai un excellent souvenir.
De plus, comme je l'ai déjà dit plusieurs fois, le mariage bras/cellule réserve souvent des surprises (positives) que le papier ne prédisait pas Wink Cool

hats off
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

Prénom: Richard
Langue 1: en

MessagePosté le: Sam 18 Avr - 10:46 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

I suspect that the 681EEE Mk. III may be at the edge of suitability for the L75/78 arm. I don't know what the compliance of the current stylus is, and if it's posted on the Stanton site, I would want the figure confirmed (the tip size information on the site contradicts itself). In the past, the 681EEE, EEE/s, and EEE II/s styli had a compliance figure of 15-28. I think that I've seen the current one stated as 22.

I actually prefer the tip size of the present stylus to the traditional elliptical tip for this cartridge. The old size was 50 x 180 microns. The current tip is 76 x 180 microns. I have tried the old Pickering stylus for the XV15-750 in the Stanton body and it's been a superb match. The tip is the same size as the current Stanton needle. I believe that this old Pickering stylus is slightly less compliant than the old Stanton needle, something like 16 or 18.

One thing that I really like about the Pickering needle is its superb rendition of classical brass groupings. The sound is very accurate and precise. There's no exaggeration or "brassiness" added to the sound. I suspect that the present 681EEE Mk III will deliver this same sound quality. I also liked similar brass rendition from a 100 x 180 tip that was used at a classical music FM radio station in San Francisco. For this same cartridge body, this tip size is available in a common disco cartridge, the 680EL. I bought one of these a few years ago: it surprised me with its good sound. However, I did not listen to it extensively. Because it's made for heavy-duty use, this pickup has much lower compliance and should work nicely in the L75/78 arm. Its compliance is 13.5, tracking force 2-5g.

I'll clear up a point of possible confusion: styli and cellule (cartridtge) bodies are all interchangeable within this group: Stanton 680, 681, and Pickering XV15. In the past, many needles were offered in both brands for these bodies. Unfortunately, today, there are only a handful of needles being made for them. I can speak from experience about a few of them that I have heard and owned.

Note that needles made for other Stanton bodies should not be inserted into these models which work on the induced magnet principle. The other models have moving magnets.
François
Invité

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Avr - 14:14 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

Richard,

Regarding the styli for the 681 body, what is the difference between the D6807A and the D6810 Question

Quelqu'un connait-il la différence entre le diamant D6807A et le diamant D6810 pour la cellule 681 Question

hats off
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Avr - 00:11 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

Citation:
Regarding the styli for the 681 body, what is the difference between the D6807A and the D6810

The D6807A is a standard .7 mil (180 micron) conical tip. The D6810 is a 1.0 mil (250 micron) tip for mono LP. It has the same tracking characteristics as does the Pickering stylus that you bought from me for your Stanton 500 cartridge. These styli have become very hard to find; the company has not made them for many years, perhaps more than two decades (I have only one left that I can sell for the 500/V15 as part of a set).

So, your D6807 is the classic "ordinary" needle for this cartridge; it's probably still being offered for the DJ trade with a new ugly finger grip. I am always learning, so from my own experience as well as what I've heard from other people, the .7 mil stylus is good for many mono LPs, but the 1.0 mil needle gives the best fit for the groove of the oldest mono records. The larger stylus rides higher in the groove, away from the dirt and imperfections in the bottom of the larger groove.

Shure stopped offering this size well before Stanton stopped making them. I believe that for Ortofon, this size is still being made. Of course, it is available as a re-tip from Expert Stylus in London, too.

Did you find a D6810 stylus?
François
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Avr - 05:23 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

Richard,

Thanks for your very informative answer bow

Richard a écrit:
Did you find a D6810 stylus?

There is an offer on ebay for a cartridge with this stylus.
Richard
*Membre *
*Membre *

MessagePosté le: Jeu 7 Mai - 22:13 (2009)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII Répondre en citant

Note to Maco, et al,

There was never a cartridge named the 681EEE Mk. II. The Mk. II in this model was a Mk. II/s. The "s" indicated a Stereohedron diamond tip. This was Stanton's first-generation parabolic shape. It was an excellent stylus.

The original EEE had a .2 x .7 mil (51 x 180 micron) elliptical shape. The current "EEE Mk. III" tip is .3 x .7 (76 x 180). I actually prefer the newer tip shape to the earlier elliptical. The Stereohedron is the best of all, but the .3 x .7 is nice to live with, too.

The compliance of the EEEs may be just a tiny bit too great for the L78 arm. I do not know what the compliance of the current EEE Mk. III is. See if you can find this number. The original EEE, EEE/s, and EEE Mk. II/s were 22.

A Pickering stylus that's just slightly less compliant will be a safer one to try. I remember these as being around 17 or so. I don't have the stylus numbers handy, but the stylus for the XV15-625E or the 750E should work nicely. I have not tried one of the EEE styli in this arm, but I have listened to the 750E stylus in my L75's arm. It sounds beautiful.

Stanton once recommended the Pickering XSV-3000 for the Lenco L75 tonearm. My feeling is that the 3000 is too compliant for this arm. However, I am willing to be proven wrong.
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 22:19 (2017)    Sujet du message: Stanton 681EEE MkII

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Lenco Référence Index du Forum -> Vynile -> Les cellules. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation